Get Quote
Get Quote

What policy do I need?

Travel Insurance can be a bit confusing sometimes, so below is a quick summary which may help give you that peace of mind while you are travelling overseas.

small_tickSingle Trip or Multi Trip?

Single Trip Policies are recommended for people who take the one trip away a year. This Policy will only cover you for this specific, one-off trip.  Whereas, Multi Trip Travel Insurance Policies will cover you for as many trips as you like over a 12 month period. Conditions and exclusions that apply to trip limits. For example, you would not be covered for any trip under an annual policy that exceeds 31 days duration (unless the appropriate premium has been paid for 45 or 60 days). Single trip policies will not provide cover for any trip that exceeds 365 days.

small_tickDo you plan to participate in any Activities whilst you are away?


Covered2go have an extensive range of activities that are covered as standard in Activity Pack 1.  If you are more of a thrill seeker, then there are a wide range of sports and activities available to choose from. Please note that all activities marked with an asterix (*) do not have personal accident or personal liability cover. 


All of these Activities are covered for leisure only (on a non-professional and non-competitive basis). If a claim was raised whilst taking part in any of these activities which were undertaken in a competition, the Policy would not cover it. If your chosen activity isn’t on our list, we may be able to cover it. If you require further information please call 0344 482 7755 or email enquiries@covered2go.co.uk

small_tickTaking any valuables away with you?

There is a maximum amount that you can claim for personal possessions and a maximum amount in total for valuables, and these are shown under the personal possessions section in the Policy Wording. Please be aware there might be a % deducted from the value of your claim as we do not offer ‘new for old’. 

Covered2Go Platinum policy offers cover for Gadgets (including mobile phones and iPads), up to £2,000 with a single article limit of £750, subject to terms and conditions.

Most house hold policies have an All Risk section for you to insure your high value items, and these are usually covered for 365 days a year in a geographical area of your choice. 

small_tickDo you have a medical condition?

A pre-existing medical condition is any serious or recurring medical condition which has been previously diagnosed, investigated or treated in any way at any time prior to travel, even if this condition is currently considered to be stable and under control.

It is important to disclose your medical conditions, there may be an additional premium (or increased excess) required. To enable us to consider you medical conditions please take the time to call Travel Administration Facilities on 0203 829 6587. This will be charged as a local call from wherever you are calling in the United Kingdom or the Channel Islands. All calls will be treated in the strictest confidence.

You might also be interested in:

small_tickSingle Trip Travel Insurance

small_tickLong Stay Travel Insurance

small_tickCruise Travel Insurance

small_tickWinter Sports Travel Insurance